Stephanie J. Viola, Esq.
Phone: (609) 896-2000 x143
Email: [email protected]
Stephanie J. Viola is an Associate of the Lenox Law Firm.
Prior to joining the Lenox Law Firm, Ms. Viola served as law clerk to the Honorable Catherine M. Fitzpatrick, Mercer County Superior Court, where she evaluated hundreds of family court motions, as well as order to show cause applications.
Ms. Viola graduated from Ramapo College of New Jersey in 2014 with a B.A. in Law & Society. Upon her graduation from Ramapo College, Ms. Viola attended Seton Hall University School of Law. While in law school, Ms. Viola held various legal internships where she worked on a wide variety of civil matters. Ms. Viola is licensed to practice law in the State of New Jersey.
ADMISSIONS:New Jersey, December 2017
BAR ADMISSIONState of New Jersey
EDUCATIONSeton Hall University School of Law, Newark, NJ
Juris Doctor, May 2017
Activity: Mentor Program 2016-2017
Ramapo College of New Jersey, Mahwah, NJ
Bachelor of Arts, in Law & Society, May 2014
Honors: Dean's List, Fall 2012 and Fall 2013
EXPERIENCEThe Honorable Catherine M. Fitzpatrick, P.J.F.P.
Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part, Trenton, NJ
Judicial Law Clerk, August 2017 to August 2018
• Drafted memoranda on matrimonial motions, as well as composed written orders based on the paper submissions by each party and oral argument before the Judge, on issues such as child support modifications, parenting time schedules, and enforcing litigant’s rights.
• Managed the Matrimonial Court docket calendar, including drafting Final Judgments of Divorce and protective orders for the Division of Child Protection and Permanency for the release of confidential reports and records.
• Composed Orders to Show Cause, as well as interviewing the filing party, and reading the written application to determine if the application is emergent.
• Reviewed Property Settlement Agreements, calculated child support pursuant to the New Jersey Child Support Guidelines, and regularly interacted with pro se litigants and attorneys.
Lanza & Lanza, LLP, Flemington, NJ
Legal Intern, May 2014 to March 2017
• Conducted legal research in preparation for proceedings and drafted memoranda for attorney review for cases in the areas of land use and municipal law.
• Composed estate planning documents, including wills, power of attorney, and HIPPA authorization.
Savo, Schalk, Gillespie, O’Grodnick & Fisher, PA, Somerville, NJ
Legal Intern, May 2016 to August 2016
• Drafted complaints, demand letters, and certification forms.
• Performed legal research and drafted memoranda on issues such as municipal government and immigration.
Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office, Somerville, NJ
Intern, June 2013 to August 2013
• Recorded all Grand Jury proceeding outcomes.
• Filled out witness contact forms for active cases.
• Attended proceedings, including trials and jury selection.